Monday, April 16, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - April 16, 1937


 75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - April 16, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.



Here is the short entry for Friday, April 16:

Typed most of day. With Julia awhile. Washed hair. Leo took me skating. Nearly every skate with Bud. With Harold, Edith, Lenore, Yippy to Cafe. Went walking. Prissy R. took me home& then Bird.

Here is the long entry for Friday, April 16:

My premonition told me I'd get a letter from Bud. I did; on the 2nd mail & a phone call in the middle of the afternoon. Going skating! Thrilled! up watching them bowl.
Typed letters in am. Bussy & I home to dinner. Read in pm. & finished typing. With Julia to depot. Got Drene, took Edith home. Washed hair. Leo took me skating. Nearly every skate with Bud. At 10:00 went out & set in someone's Model A coupe. Too many people. Downtown with Harold, Edith, Lenore, Yippy. To cafe. coffee. Went walking. Into office. Prissy took both of us home. [Priscilla Rogers? added later] [At top of page - Love to keep me warm (DeLovely)]

My comments: I feel kind of lost with her 'strange' activities this week. Interesting.
 



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment