Friday, June 8, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - June 8, 1937


 75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - June 8, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.



Here is the short entry for Tuesday, June 8:

Cool. Browning gone. Erna & I to Carroll. I got my driver's license. Did shopping. Had a flat tire, didn't get home 'till 7:00. Basted dress. All in bed by 9:30.

Here is the long entry for Tuesday, June 8:
Cool day. Got breakfast & went in to work with Dad. Mr. Browning to Greenfield. Erna & I went to Carroll after dinner. I got my driver's license & CCB's wall paper he had ordered. Got Malted Milks, 3 dresses fro Mom, stated home; had flat tire, had it fixed, didn't get home till nearly 7:00. Had the 1st fried chickens. Did dishes, basted my dress together. All of us were in bed at 9:30. 'Most a record.

My comments: Do you suppose the fried chicken looked like this?  ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment