Saturday, June 23, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - June 23, 1937


 75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - June 23, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.



Here is the short entry for Wednesday, June 23:

Hottest day. Ironed. Took a shower. Leo & I to town. Helen & I watched them skate. Ran off with Pete's car while he was getting his hair cut.

Here is the long entry for Wednesday, June 23:

Hottest day yet. I did separator & cleaned up the house. Mom did dishes & I ironed. Got all thru' early in the pm. Took a shower, cleaned up, & Leo & I went to town about 8:30. With Helen watching them skate. Really warm. Pete brought me home. While he was getting a hair cut we kids ran off with his car.

My comments: I'll bet Pete wasn't too happy; but he seems to have developed a way to deal with some of her (still childish) ways! Her other attributes seemed to make up for it, once he figured it out!  One opinion.  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment