Monday, January 6, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 6, 1939




75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 6, 1939 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Friday, Jan 6:

 Up at 9:00. Did the usual work & then we went to Carroll to get corn money started.
Ate a good dinner at the Carroll Cafe. Pete got a new sweater, I got 4 plates & card table. Stopped at Frank & Clarabelle's on the way home. Home & chores & then to Viola B.B. games. Not very good ones. Home to bed.

My comments: "… to get corn money started." I like the sounds of that! ;-)

I do wonder which sweater Dad got on this trip! ;-)

Frank & Clarabelle Clayburg… always talked of as close personal friends, of course; another young couple on a farm.

A card table - Great! They played lots of card games and other games. Will be nice to have.



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment