If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Friday, January 3, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 3, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 3, 1939
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.

Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, Jan 3:

 Pete up at 7:30. Me at 9:00. In to wash at 10:00. I didn't feel very good so Mom did it. Really a big one too. I got dinner. Did dishes. Mom went to Aid Society at Wolfe's. I did most of my ironing. Had a lot. Pete came at 4:30. Home, ate supper before Pete milked. Ate nuts and listened to the radio until 9:30 and then went to bed.

My comments: She said "Ate nuts…" What this made me think of is Smith Family Christmas gathering - at Toots', or Irenes' or LVenes' houses - alway had bowls of nuts in shells with a nut cracker… hadn't thought of the particular memory, before. I'm sure Mom was eating walnuts, but, here is what came to my mind:

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment