Friday, January 3, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 3, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 3, 1939
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.

Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, Jan 3:

 Pete up at 7:30. Me at 9:00. In to wash at 10:00. I didn't feel very good so Mom did it. Really a big one too. I got dinner. Did dishes. Mom went to Aid Society at Wolfe's. I did most of my ironing. Had a lot. Pete came at 4:30. Home, ate supper before Pete milked. Ate nuts and listened to the radio until 9:30 and then went to bed.

My comments: She said "Ate nuts…" What this made me think of is Smith Family Christmas gathering - at Toots', or Irenes' or LVenes' houses - alway had bowls of nuts in shells with a nut cracker… hadn't thought of the particular memory, before. I'm sure Mom was eating walnuts, but, here is what came to my mind:

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment