Monday, January 13, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 13, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 13, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Friday, Jan 13:

I didn't get up until Pete was through milking. Ate breakfast. Finished the chores. Pete went over on Moyllan 80 and put the roof on the crib. Orrin brought another pig over at Noon. He went to the sale. Ate dinner and did dishes and then went in to town. Up home. Mom & LVene playing checkers. We 3 played, Pete came and all 4 of us played a game. Home. Got 11 eggs. Did my chores. Got supper. Pete milked & then got ready for the ball game. Casey girls. Manning boys. Girls won & boys lost 18-16. Such a crowd we couldn't even sit. I sat with Liz. Down to Cafe. Howard, Kenny, Liz [other name(s) behind a blot]

My comments: "…couldn't even sit. I sat with…" Isn't it interesting how we sometimes say things… For sure! ;-)

11 eggs! Orrin brought another pig to breed. Wonder what Dad charged him for use of his boar?? Twice, different days, different sows?? ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment