Friday, January 10, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 10, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 10, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)

Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, Jan 10:

Had the chores done in pretty good time. Doing the separator when Max and Orrin came. Brought a sow over to breed. They ate dinner here. Had beef steak. Orrin to Kness sale and Pete over filling loan company corn crib. Max and Gary and I here all pm. Orrin came early & they left about 4:00. Scrubbed and waxed my kitchen floor. Fed chickens. 5 eggs. Got cobs & then got supper. Pete came at 5:30. We were in a real talky mood and we sat at the table & talked for about 2 hours. Late milking. Did dishes. Separated. Pete read the paper & I went to sleep. To bed early.

My comments: Love to hear many details of a day in their life at this stage. Great entry.

5 eggs… how about that. Must have been very satisfying. Raising those chickens "out of season" paid off nicely!

Love to hear they sat and talked. About their future plans, I"ll bet! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment