Saturday, January 4, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 4, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 4, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, Jan 4:


 Rained in the nite. Real foggy. Pete didn't get up until nearly 8:00 and I didn't get up 'till 9:00. I went in town & Pete went up home and butchered. Down town awhile. Beat Mom 4 times in checkers. Mom not feeling very good.
Pete & I ate a lunch in with folks. Came home and chores. Went to bed early.

My comments: Hey - they ate "lunch" - how about that?! ;-)

"Pete went up home and butchered." Assume they butchered a pig. Wanted to show a pig hanging from a tree - but too gross… so went with how it would be cut up...


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment