Saturday, January 11, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 11, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 11, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, Jan 11:

Pete got around in good time. Pete over filling loan Co's. crib. Made a chocolate cake. Got dinner. Just Pete & I here. Did dishes & went in to town. Didn't stay long. Just took in the cream. Got some groceries & meat & were home at 3:00. Pete over getting a load of corn. I cleaned out the big box. Fed chickens, got cobs. Got 10 eggs. Not bad. Ate & then Pete milked. Washed my hair. Pete shaved, we both took baths and the went to bed early.


My comments: 10 eggs, today! Coming along. Wonder how many hens there are?

I can see here chocolate cake - possibly same pan I remember…



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment