If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 28, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 28, 1939
 
 
 This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, Jan 28:


Up late. Made raisin bread. Went in and got Mom & Bussy after dinner & they were here all pm. Pete cut down vines & Mom & I washed the windows. Had chicken & noodles for supper. Dad came. He helped us fix our ledger. Pete making out an order. To bed at 11:00.

My comment: Raisin bread - chicken & noodles… those were the days. I'm hungry, how about you?
 


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment