If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, January 20, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Jan 20, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Jan 20, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Friday, Jan 20:


Up before 8:00. Did separator. Up home at 9:30. Up there for dinner. LVene there too but she had had dinner. Pete and Pop took 2 loads of pigs to Glidden. We 4 girls all washed our hair in pm & I waved them. In to town at 3:30. I sat on the street while Pete got a hair cut. Home and chores real early. Got to the Guthrie games before they started for a change. Boys lost 21-23 and the girl won. Down home talking until 11:00.

My comments: Overall, a very interesting, and somewhat unusual, day! ;-)

Pigs to market day ALWAYS an important day. Disposable income! ;-)




Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment