Monday, April 7, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - April 7, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
April 7, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, April 7:

 Birthday Note: Jean Jenks

Up early. Went up home with Pete. He sowed oats. Slept awhile in pm. Polly to Guthrie Center. Betty made popcorn balls. They gave us 4 quarts of meat & 2 quarts of beans. Home & chored. Were going to the Ball Games but were too tired. Ate & went to bed early.

My comments:

Tired from the party the night before, I suspect. They need their rest.

Oats to sow… in the 1950s, we used a spreader on the back of a wagon, as I recall. We didn't have a separate spreading machine. I like to sit in the wagon of oat seed. ;-)




Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment