Thursday, February 27, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Feb 27, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Feb 27, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Monday,  Feb 27:
Had a hard time getting up. Pete took me in to wash as soon as he got through milking. I did all the washing. Ate, did my ironing. Pete came at 4:00. Got some sawdust in his eye. I got it out after we got home. Ate, chores.
Norma came & Don went to Telephone Meeting. Don came afterward and we sang 'till 11:00/

A real blizzard!

My comment: Was blizzard overnight??? Dad must have sawed some more wood? Sawdust?

Remember the telephones from those days?
 


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment