Thursday, February 20, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Feb 20, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Feb 20, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Monday,  Feb 20:

Up at 8:10. Mom called at 8:30 and said she had the washing all done. Had fried chicken for dinner. Made B.P. Biscuits, too. Pete up  home just before Noon. Ate and then read the paper. Did up my work while Pete went down to creek and chopped wood. To town at 4:00. Got freezer & the washing & Verle's socks. Pete milked while I made a gallon of ice cream. Cleaned up. Up to LVene's & Verle's to his surprise party. Max, Orrin, Polly, Merle, Betty, Howard there. Played cards and ate. Home at 2:30.

My comment: Verle's 28th birthday. Quite a busy day. They got him socks for a present and made a gallon of homemade ice cream to take along. Neat! I love when there is detail!! ;-)




Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment