Wednesday, February 19, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Feb 19, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Feb 19, 1939 
 
This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Sunday,  Feb 19:

Up late. Did usual work. Pete cut the boar. Cleaned up & went in to town to dinner. Louises' & Rasmuses' were there too. Ate, did dishes, looked at pictures. Made pop corn balls. Home at 5:00. Getting colder. Stuffed bedroom windows with rags. Ate supper, Pete chores. Looked at catalogs and went to bed early.

My comment: I always wonder what "pictures" they looked at. There are so few taken around this time that have survived!
No more breeding with the boar... about to be sold, me thinks! ;-)

Here is a page from the 1939 Montgomery Ward catalog. Do you suppose she looked at this page? Pretty good chance, I think! ;-)
 
 


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment