Tuesday, February 25, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Feb 25, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Feb 25, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday,  Feb 25: [bold]

Did all the usual work. Made a spice cake. Scrubbed and waxed the kitchen floor. In to town at 4:00. Took in cream. Bussy came home with me. Ate and then chores. Bussy washed his head. Pete & I bathed.
Listened to Hit Parade.
Bussy slept on Studio Couch. Ate oranges & went to bed early

My comment: "Pete & I bathed." … this still fascinates me that she writes that down! ;-)

I always watch Hit Parade on television… wonder where I got that habit???
P.S. Think I listened on radio for years before on television, too. Kept a log of the "hits!" ;-)



For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment