Monday, February 10, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Feb 10, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Feb 10, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.
Now we are beginning 1939 - the year I was born, on July 1 - Bring it on! ;-)


Here is the daily entry for Friday,  Feb 10: 

Up late. Ate a late breakfast and no dinner. Made 3 loaves of white bread & a batch of buns. Scrubbed and swept. Pete cutting wood down along the creek. Ate tomato soup for supper. Pete milked while I did dishes. Took baths. Pete shaved. Went in to A.I.B. Typists vs. Coon girls & Van Meter Boys. Girls lost and boys won. Right home afterwards. Sat with Edith & Howard.

My comment: Boys basketball team beat Van Meter team. Girls basketball team lost to the A.I. B. Typists out of Des Moines.

Cutting more wood… got to keep warm!

I would love to have some white bread toast while the buns rise!! ;-)

I think these look like Mom's buns…  ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment