Sunday, September 7, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - September 7, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
September 7, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Thursday, September 7:

Up at 5:30. Fed Billy & went back to bed. Up at 7:00. Did separator. Merle & Pete wiring again. In to town till 10:30. Got 100# of sugar & sack of floor. Really going up. Home, fed Billy, ate dinner. Did dishes. Canned 4 pts. tomato preserves & 3 pts.  apple butter. Gave Billy bath, fed him, ate supper. Took baths.

Big letters, under: 102 degrees

My comments:

Another very hot day. I cannot today imagine being without air conditioning. As I write this, it is about 95, and I did not enjoy my walk to the trash/recycling, about a block away… But, I'm spoiled, for sure!! If I didn't know any better, I guess I could handle it.  …  Just make a special note in the diary!! ;-)

Too modern, but you get the idea… electricity was coming…



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment