Tuesday, May 27, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 27, 1939





75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 27, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, May 27:


Rained real nice several times during day. Did up usual work. Made an angel food. Ate dinner. Pete went in town in pm & got his haircut. Home and he helped me clean the house. Washed my hair. Pete chored early. Leo & Ida came & we all were in at folks' for supper. Did dishes & went down town. Sat on Main St. for long time. Home at 11:00.

My comments:

A rainy Saturday changed the routine on this Saturday. Great day to get a haircut, Pete! ;-)

When I read she "Made an angel food" the following image came to my mind. I was so happy to be able to retrieve it!!  ;-) [It is a few years later, but less than ten...]



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment