If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 11, 1939

 

75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 11, 1939

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Thursday, May 11:

Up in good time. Did separator, fed chickens, fixed cottage cheese, in to town after ice. Up to LVene's. Served about 35 club members & 6 hostesses & waiters.
Valeria K., Edith L., Max served. Norma, Gertrude & I hostesses.
Had Hor D'evvess (sic), Individual Meat Loaves in Bacon rings, buttered beans, creamed potatoes, pear salad, buttered rolls, pineapple ice cream, angel food cake, coffee. Had maypole decorations at 3 long tables.
Really tired at nite. Over on 80 after Pete at 6:00. Home, ate. Otto, Stella here a minute. Chored, Polly & Merle came & stayed till after 10:00. Cleaned up & went to bed.

My comments:

I've been scrolling through photo images of "Meat Loaves in Bacon Ring" - at supper time. Not smart… may drown in my saliva before I finish this…

Did they look like there, perhaps?? ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment