Thursday, May 22, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 22, 1939




75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 22, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Monday, May 22:

Birthday note: Pop

Cloudy. Did usual work. Mom did the washing. Read and embroidered in p.m. In town at 4:00. Got the washing. Up home & curled Polly's & Betty's hair. Pete brought horses up and we left at 6::00. Home and chored. Ate cheese sandwiches late. To bed.

My comments:

Wonder if he will get "the horses" again…

Still love grilled chees sandwiches… had them a couple of days ago… I get to make them, now! One of my better meals that I prepare… with chips, out of bag, as well!! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment