Monday, May 12, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 12, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 12, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, May 12:

Up in good time. Did usual work. Scrubbed out the chicken house. Read papers.
Pete came for dinner. Ate, I took him back to 80. Made out order of the baby & me.
LVene & Verle bro't back chairs. Curled LVene's hair. In to town. Mailed orders, got groceries, got 25 White Leghorns. Home & fixed chickens. Over after Pete. When we came home the hen had killed 17. Over to Norma's & got a hen to put with the 8 that were left. Pete chores, ate potato soup & went to bed.

My comments:

"Made out order of the baby & me."

Did she order stuff like this, do you suppose?



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment