Monday, May 19, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 19, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 19, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, May 19:

Birthday notes: Barbara & Wallace

Took Pete up home after the team. Did usual work. Rested awhile & then scrubbed. Over after Pete. Ate, Pete took car. Did dishes, took a nap. He had me take him back to plant after he helped Sim Laurence shell corn for an hour. Home and made over my blue skirt. Pete home at 6:00. I weeded between the garden rows. Late with the chores. Ate supper & went to bed. I tried to do my book work but Pete was too sleepy.

My comments:

Glad she is getting her rest. Happy that he is working so hard on the farm. That always made him feel good! ;-)

Suppose her garden looked anything like this one?? ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment