Wednesday, May 14, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - May 14, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
May 14, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Sunday, May 14:


Keen day. Pete chores, I took him over to Gene Wm's after the bull & he walked it clear over to Morg Evans. Dad froze ice cream. I made potato salad. Cleaned up & all went in folks' car to Louise's. Lil's & Del there too. Ate picnic lunch in the timber. Home at 5:00 in folks car, they went home with Del & chores. Roberta & Buss home with us in folks car. Irene & Betty came down and got their hair fixed. Lils, Del, folks here for supper. They bro't some more little chicks. They left at 9:30 & we went right to bed.

My comments:

I can picture Dad walking down the road leading the bull…

I love Mom's, and about any, potato salad! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment