Wednesday, March 12, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Mar 12, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Mar 12, 1939 
 
Returning after a 9 day break... ;-)


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Sunday,  Mar 12:


Up in good time. Washed and set my hair. Usual work. Had beefsteak dinner. Ed & Elmer stopped awhile & the folks came.
Men to Moylan's after the bull. Chored, ate, cleaned up and went in to "Cafe Society." New theater really nice. Real nice day and night. Lots of water in the week.

My comment: "after the bull" - brings back fond memories for me…

As I was growing up on Dad's farm, this is what each of our "bulls" looked like:



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment