Tuesday, July 29, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - July 29, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
July 29, 1939 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, July 29:

Threshing at Moylan's. I was going to help but baby seemed to have a little cold so I stayed home.
Made a burnt sugar cake & cleaned whole house. Up after Pete at 6:00. Chored, ate, bathed & went to bed.

My comments:

"How convenient…" Do you suppose she thanked me, for having "a little cold??"

Good excuse to look at a 'burnt sugar cake," again! ;-)  YUM!!! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment