Saturday, July 5, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - July 5, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
July 5, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, July 5:

Wakened at 5:30. Went back to sleep until time to nurse Billy & then I went to sleep again. Ate, fed baby & then had my bath from Sister Aletta. Ate dinner. Really hot. Finished addressing my cards. Really had company in pm. 19 were here. Ed Kult in morning. Most all of them watched him nurse. Lizzie gave him a fork & spoon & Julia & Edith a baby book. Rested till supper & then fed baby.  Mom & Pete came at night. They left at 8:30.

My comments:

"We" were certainly popular!! Nice gifts!

Did the fork and spoon look like this?




Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment