Friday, July 4, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - July 4, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
July 4, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, July 4:

Slept real good again last night. Nursed baby at 6:00. Had a fancy red, white & blue cookie for breakfast. Marjorie, my favorite, gave me my bath. Ate, fed Billy, rested awhile. Was feeding Billy at 3:00 when Don Herron & Glenn Betts came. Betty, LVene, Polly, Irene came. Stayed until the bell rang. Rested awhile, ate, fed Billy. Read a little bit. Pete & Dad came in good time. Mrs & Mr Lund came too. Really hot. Dad & Pete stayed to watch the baby nurse. I just couldn't sleep. It was so hot & my breasts hurt. Finally rained a little bit & cooled things off.

My comments:

Everyone wants to watch her feed the baby… amazing…  ;-)

Suppose her cookie looked like this? Happy 4th of July! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment