Tuesday, July 8, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - July 8, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
July 8, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, July 8:

Really nice day. Side still hurts a little. Marjorie gave me my bath. Rita & Lois Kult here awhile. Baby circumcised in morning. Talked to Dr. Walter a minute. Ate, fed baby, rested. Gladys Hartwigsen came while I was feeding the baby. Mabel Manville came later. Her father is on 2nd floor. Rested, ate supper. Fed the baby. Jean Jenks here & then Pete came. Sent some of my stuff home. Had a keen time. He left at 8:30. Fed baby & went to sleep.

My comments:

Moving along… Dr. stopped by… that must have been an exciting conversation! ;-)

Starting to send stuff home… good sign...

Another page of the Baby Book… looking ahead:



[Click for larger image]


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment