Tuesday, July 15, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - July 15, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
July 15, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, July 15:

Pete up home in morning but was home to dinner. Ila & I talked about Grandma etc. most all morning. Pete mowed the yard in afternoon & we went in town. Ila washed. I went down town. Had pop at Leo's. Shopped awhile, up home & ironed a bit & came home. Pete took team home & I went after him. Chored, ate, did dishes & then I took Ila Jean in to town. Got 2 Smoozies at Leo's & brought them home to eat. Fed baby & went to bed. Pete stayed with the baby.

My comments:

"Pete stayed with the baby." Wow, our first "separation!" Progress. How neat! ;-)

As a reminder, here is "Grandma" they are talking about - Grandma Nettie (Williams) Kinnick - quite a woman, according to her obit! ;-)

I wrote about her briefly, here: http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/2014/02/52-ancestors-6-margaret-jeanette-nettie.html



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment