Friday, June 27, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - June 27, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
June 27, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, June 27:

Quite hot all day. Pete laying by corn on 80. I went in town at 10:00 and did my ironing. Bussy home to dinner with me. Dad bro't Mom out after dinner. Did up usual work. Read awhile & embroidered. Had fried chicken for supper. Chored early & worked in the garden awhile. Folks left at 8:30. Pete & I sat on the back porch a little while, then bathed & shaved and went to bed.

My comments:

Don't think she was very comfortable. Very hot. If only she knew, just a few more days…  ;-)

More new fried chicken for all...



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment