Monday, June 23, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - June 23, 1939




75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
June 23, 1939 
 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, June 23:

Up in fair time. Pete crossing corn. I did my usual work. Irene called at 10:30 & said they wanted 11 bushels of beans so I took the car, got Pete & we went up home. Ate dinner there. Gret. said they didn't want them 'til nite so we came home at 2:30. I changed my clothes & we went in & got our driver's license. Didn't have to wait at all. Home & Pete went out & plowed 'til 5:30. I weeded in the row of carrots while Pete milked. Ate, Pete read awhile. Took baths and went to bed.

My comments:

Busy day. Found it interesting how closely they worked with Grettenbergs on just when they wanted the beans delivered. Small town courtesies, it seems!

Do you suppose Mom's carrots looked like this?



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment