If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - June 15, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
June 15, 1939 
 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Thursday, June 15:


Did up usual work early. I was making noodles when Polly & LVene came. They got our mornings cream to make ice cream with. Folks came at 11:00. Dad & Buss went over on 80 after Pete. Had chicken & noodles. Did up usual work. I slept in p.m. Folks worked in garden. Made a gold cake. Ate supper. Mom did dishes. Bathed & shaved & went to S.S. part up home. Played Bingo. Had ice cream, cake, cookies. Home at 12:00.

My comments:

Sunday School party hosted by the Pop Smith family. Played Bingo! Good snacks!! ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment