If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Friday, June 20, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - June 20, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
June 20, 1939 
 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Tuesday, June 20:

Really a keen day. Wes Davis came before we at to measure ground. Big cow had bull calf last nite. She beat me. In town & got groceries, Buss & Mom came out. Pete went out & cultivated. I pitted cherries & Mom got dinner. Made 2 doz. fancy sandwiches for church tea & took them up home for girls to take. Home & canned 8 quarts of cherry sauce. Scrubbed kitchen. In town & got sprinkler & ice. Made ice cream. Ate supper & then Pete & I & Buss went down & sprayed spuds & Mom & Dad did the dishes. Took baths & went to bed.

My comments:

Cow had her baby boy before Mom did!!!  ;-)

Suppose her "Cherry Sauce" looked anything like this?



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment