Sunday, July 1, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - July 1, 1937


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - July 1, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.


Here is the short entry for Thursday, July 1:

Nice day. I cleaned house & Mom the coal shed. Listened to radio & went to bed early. Got mulberries.

Here is the long entry for Thursday, July 1:

[Date circled, of course!] [They didn't know it, of course, but I would arrive in their lives in TWO YEARS!] Nice day again. Mom doing some more cleaning out in the coal house. I did the inside work. Did dishes & listed to the radio. Went to bed early. Got mulberries.

My comments: "Cleaning out in the coal house" certainly sounds like it must have been 'fun' - NOT! ;-)

Mulberries are good, however... We always had mulberry trees at home on the farm. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulberries

Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. We had coal deliveries to our house when I was small - and coal was then moved into bins in the basement. Dad would bring up the coal in buckets, and I remember 'helping' by holding onto the handle. Must have been about 5 or so. Cleaning out the coal bins was definitely not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy my mulberry trees!

    ReplyDelete