Sunday, December 29, 2013

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Dec 29, 1938



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Dec 29, 1938
 

This entry is a post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

From March 1 thru April 29, I posted every day, to cover the marriage and the early married life of Pete and Eileen (Kinnick) Smith, but decided to 'take a breather.'  Resumed with Dec 1, 1938...


Here is the daily entry for Thursday, Dec 29:

Up the earliest for quite awhile. Berthal Jones came & sealed the corn. Had a good pork roast dinner.  Mom & Bussy came out in pm. Really cold. Mom scrubbed the kitchen w.w. & I patched Pete's jacket. Pete patched the barn.
Ate supper & then played marbles once & the folks left. Pete & I hung curtains & shades after they left.

My comments: I'm sure I'll be embarrassed to find out what "w.w." means - it comes up later, again…

Sealing of corn answers question, earlier, of what they signed up for at Carroll that one day!

She used the word "patched" twice in two sentences. Curious, for sure! ;-)

"Good Pork Roast Dinner!"


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment