Saturday, December 21, 2013

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - Dec 21, 1938


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
Dec 21, 1938


This entry is a post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

From March 1 thru April 29, I posted every day, to cover the marriage and the early married life of Pete and Eileen (Kinnick) Smith, but decided to 'take a breather.'  Resumed with Dec 1, 1938...


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, Dec 21:


Up late. Pete ate dinner and then went up to Toots' again. I did up the work, scrubbed back room. Fed chicks, took cream in to town. Pete home at 4:30. Chored early. Bathing when Max & Orrin came. Went to A.I.B. & Galveston games in their new car. Galveston beat. Out home & played one game of chekkers (sic).

My comments: I hate interruptions during my bath - don't you? ;-)

"Fed chicks" - suppose they still look like these?



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment