If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read the articles I write each week as the Springfield Genealogy Examiner and as the Ozarks Cultural Heritage Examiner. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a one. You may also enjoy reading my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, December 9, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - Dec 9, 1938

 
75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - Dec 9, 1938
 
 

This entry is a post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

From March 1 thru April 29, I posted every day, to cover the marriage and the early married life of Pete and Eileen (Kinnick) Smith, but decided to 'take a breather.'  Resuming with Dec 1, 1938...


Here is the daily entry for Friday, Dec 9:


Up late. Did the chores and then Pete took me in to town. He went up home. Ate dinner. Told Mom. Got a permanent from Ted in p.m. Did my ironing. Pete came at 5:00. Had chicken & noodles for supper. Were going to games & dance but Pete was tired so we stayed home.

My comments: The comment that caught my attention here was "Told Mom." Do you suppose that was the announcement to her Mom that I was going to arrive on July 1, 1939?? Perhaps just my ego, but I think this was it! ;-)

Chicken and Noodles to celebrate!




Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. We had grandma's chicken and noodles for supper last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do them well! Wish I'd have had a photo image of yours to use! Thanks! Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete