Tuesday, December 10, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - Dec 10, 1938


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - Dec 10, 1938


This entry is a post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

From March 1 thru April 29, I posted every day, to cover the marriage and the early married life of Pete and Eileen (Kinnick) Smith, but decided to 'take a breather.'  Resuming with Dec 1, 1938...


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, Dec 10:

Up late. Did the chores, ate dinner early & went to Carroll. Pete got license & corn application. I went to the Doctor for first  examination. He said I was just coming fine. Home at 6:30. Ate supper. Ed Kult came talked 'till 8:30 & then we went to bed.

My comments: Did they need approval from government to plant corn?? Or how much?

It's official: "I went to the Doctor for first  examination. He said I was just coming fine." I am on the way…  what fun! ;-)

Can you believe, I have a photo of Ed Kult, with his family (wife, Rowena), about 15 years later - early 1950s, in basement of the Star Church. Small world!! ;-) 




Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment