Sunday, March 31, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 31, 1938


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 31, 1938
 
 This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.
 

Here is the daily entry for Thursday, March 31:


9 eggs

Up at 7:00. Ate. Pete fixed the leak in the reservoir. I did the separator & got scalloped spuds ready. Pete & I sat and read his love letters & let the spuds burn. Ate dinner late. Pop and Albert came in p.m. When they left Pete & I went in to town to see about a locker. Up home a minute. Ate before chores. Did separator, took a bath and went to bed pretty early.

My comments:
Some really different stuff here! First, 9 eggs. Wow!  ;-)
Up at 7… but, it appears Pete didn't get out and work and he did every other day! Snow??
Really new, to me: "Pete & I sat and read his love letters…" Wow, again! Love letters! Neat! I wonder where they went… ??!!  ;-)
The mention of the locker comes up again...
The "spuds burn" - I understand. Been there, done that!  ;-)

Opening a love letter! I thought the shamrock, here, was especially noteworthy! Neat!  ;-)








Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment