Saturday, March 30, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 30, 1938



75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 30, 1938
 
 This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.
 

 Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, March 30:

4 eggs

Up at 6:00. Ate early. Pete working on the 80. Did up all morning work. Cleaned up. Went in to town. Saw the folks a  minute. Went down to the Lite Plant awhile. Talked to Max and Orrin. Got my groceries and went to Aunt Gertrude's. Aunt Lucille there, too. Janet is the sweetest thing. Ger. gave me a quart of pickles & 4 glasses of jell. Kept getting colder and windier. Pete home when I got back. He & I hauled milk to Smiths & took Albert's car back. Home. Did chores, dishes, separator, took baths & went to bed.

My comments: "Pete wiring on the 80." - was the most significant phrase, of many, here, today, to me. I'd really like to know the details of his farming relationships - relative to the house, the land they lived on, work on the homeplace, etc. Now, it appears, certainly, that he was renting an 80 acre plot, I assume, on shares. Useful information. More on this later.

Among other notes, above,… a quart of pickles from Gertrude! Like this?? ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment