Wednesday, March 27, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 27, 1938


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 27, 1938
 
 This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.
 

Here is the daily entry for Sunday, March 27:

 5 eggs

Didn't get up till 10:00. Laid in bed and read diaries. To town after Ktx. Bussy came home with me. After 11:00 when we ate breakfast. Mom & Dad came & we had dinner at 2:30. Bill & Albert here awhile and then Mrs. Lund, Edith, Erna & Howard were here awhile, too. Washed up all my shower dishes & put most of it away. Felt a bit groggy. Folks here for supper. Bussy & I went to town after butter & Pete had to put the separator together. Boys here looking for starlings. Took baths & went to bed.

My comments: 5 eggs again… go, hens! ;-)
Wonder which diaries she read??
Assume Bill was Pete's Dad and Albert must be hired man…


[My grandfather and namesake: William Emanuel Smith - Pop, to my Dad - 1938]


Families are Forever!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Diary 2019 online

    ReplyDelete