Tuesday, March 19, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 19, 1938




75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 19, 1938


 This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.


Here is the daily entry for Saturday, March 19:

Up late. Pete up to his folks place. I tried to erase the muss the crowd made last nite. Foot marks all over every thing. Pete stayed up to Smiths until 8:00. Ate late, cleaned up and went to bed. Pauline & Merle up to Smiths Saturday morning when I took Pete up. Pete took a shower up there & then he had Pauline bring him home. I met them at Casperbaurer's. He'd been waiting for me. To Norma's shower at Erma Pfeiffer's in p.m. Had the car. Edith went with me.

My comments: Commentary a bit confusing, today, regarding timing of things they did. Interesting to me to see how they get along with the one car, now. Not sure what kind of car they had at this time.

She was obviously frustrated with the mess the people made coming in the night before… there must have been quite a few of them… on the new floor and rugs they had put down.

I don't think they had a vacuum cleaner of any kind…  ;-)



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment