Tuesday, March 12, 2013

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 12, 1938


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 12, 1938
 
 
This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of nineteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Starting March 1, a weekly comment on these daily entries appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Friday of the week, will continue, with links to some of these daily entries.
 

Here is the daily entry for Saturday, March 12:


Up at 8:00. Down to the plant until 10:00. Bought a broom. Dad & Bussy took me out to the farm. I was the first one there. Climbed in a window. Pete & LVene came. The paper off of the separator room. Pete plastered. I started giving the kitchen a 2nd coat. Over to Smith's for dinner & supper. Mom & Dad & Bussy to Leo & Ida's. I stayed all nite at Smiths. Came to town with LVene & had Jennie cut & set my hair. Ate a late lunch & went to bed. Slept with LVene. Laughed ourselves to sleep.

My comments: Young folks doing what young folks do. Enjoyed thinking about that day, myself!  ;-)

Suppose it was a broom like this?


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment