Wednesday, May 9, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - May 9, 1937


 75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - May 9, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.



May 1936 High School Graduation Photo


Here is the short entry for Sunday, May 9:

Folks planted spuds, Leo plowed, folks to Lils. I still in o'alls when Pete came. Went to "One in a Million." Elmer & Helen & we over to Cafe. Home early.

Here is the long entry for Sunday, May 9:

Up at 7:00, got breakfast, cleaned, upstairs, down, did some washing. Folks planted potatoes, Leo plowed, folks to Lil's for dinner. Ironed, did separator, listened to radio, fixed nails. Folks just got home & Pete came. I still in my overalls. Got dressed up. Waited till nearly 8:00 & then went to the show. "One In a Million." Best ever. Elmer, Helen Pete & I over to the Cafe. Home real early."Best e

My comments: "Best ever" - know that is a movie review!  "I still in my overalls."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029248/

No movie poster image. May have been two movies of the same name in 1937. Seems some confusion on Google and WIkipedia entries….

I wanted to share this coverall photo of Eileen anyway!  With Buzzy and me, maybe 7-8 years later. She still looked good in the coveralls!  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment