Monday, March 26, 2012

75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 26, 1937


75 Years Ago - Eileen's Diary - March 26, 1937


This entry is the daily post on this blog from the diary of eighteen year old Eileen KINNICK, 75 Years Ago this date.

Since midway through 2010, a weekly update/comments blog entry began to appear on the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. Those weekly entries, on that blog, on each Tuesday of the week, will continue, with links to these daily entries.

OH, THE EMBARRASSMENT! I just found that I do have the the full page entries, from March 9 on… they were just mis-filed, and I've been "getting along" - not very well - without them. So, I'll pick up today; then, in the following days, I'll go back and add the longer entries, and make a link here, to the revised pages, for those of you interested. SORRY!  ;-)


Here is the short entry for Friday, March 26:

Not very Eastery weather. Studied sht. hand most of the day. Louise's out home at Noon. Home with Leo. Pete & I went skating. Had a really good time. Dot Vanderloo [later added: Dorothy Vanderloo] there. Didn't want to come in house.

Here is the long entry for Friday, March 26:

Cloudy till about 9:30 & then the sun came out. Still pretty cloudy. Not very Eastery (sic) weather. Studied shorthand most of the day. Louise, Annie, & Dick went out home with me at Noon. I came back alone. Charles home. Went home about 4:00 with Leo. Washed my hair, fixed my nails & got ready for skating. Pete came about 8:00. Went out & fed the calf. Had good time skating. Dot Vanderloo there with Pete Oliver. [That sentence underlined, later] Don't know what time I got home. Didn't want to go. "Hotel," "Ni T." My fault!

My comments: Ah! Young folks after an evening together: "Didn't want to come in house." Do you remember that feeling? I do!  ;-)

First cousins, Annie, age almost 2, and Dick (I'm sure she meant Darrell), age5; children of mother's sister, Louise (Sorensen) Nielsen.

I do not know who Dorothy Vanderloo was, that Eileen would mention her, specifically. Do any of you, my readers?

Were they ice skating?


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment