Saturday, September 27, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - September 27, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
September 27, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, September 27:

Nice out. Did up usual work. Ate, did dishes & then LVene came to have her hair cut & set. Ate & Pete took me in town & he went to look at cribs. Mom & Bill & I went to the fair. Had a keen time. A lot saw Billy. Home & chored & ate, bathed & went to Hal Stewart dance.

My comments:

I found this fun photo image of some girls at a county fair in 1939:


Note: Taking a 3 day hiatus, back on October 1.

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment