Monday, September 1, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - September 1, 1939


75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
September 1, 1939


This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, September 1:

Didn't get up until 8:30. Bussy rode his bike out & woke us up. He & Pete plowing. I went in to wash and didn't get home until 4:00. Over to Hufferd's after Pete. Over to Orrin's & did their chores. Home & did ours, ate, read papers & went to bed. Bussy here all nite.

My comments:

Short night, in any case… Buzzy rode his bike out.

I think this is the same bike, in this picture, about 9-10 years later, that I'm riding.
Also in photo, Pat and Wilson Thomas, and my little brother, Jim. Note the pickup and barn in the background, among other things…


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment