Saturday, September 20, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - September 20, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
September 20, 1939 
 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Wednesday, September 20:

Pete up home all day making hay. Max, LVene, Julia here in morning to get their hair fixed. Lillian & Dennis came after dinner & went to club with me a Pruiett's. Billy good. Home, chores. In town. Pete got a hair cut. Up to folks' awhile. Home late.

My comments:

"Billy good." Still makes me feel good to have my mother's approval!! ;-)

Dennis was about 21 months old, at this time. Here is a photo of him, just a little later, perhaps.



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment