Monday, October 6, 2014

75 Years Ago Today - Eileen's Diary - October 6, 1939



75 Years Ago Today
Eileen's Diary
October 6, 1939 

This entry is a post from the diary of my mother, twenty year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago this date. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.


Here is the daily entry for Friday, October 6:

In town & washed. Real hot. Chinch bugs really were terrible. Shopped. Home at 5:30.
Made a cake, cleaned up. Pete sick with flu. He stayed with Billy & I went in to Pauline Herron's shower at church. Got Pete a pint of ice cream. Came home & ate it.

My comments:

Great thinking, Mom! Pint of ice cream will cure that flu every time… or at least make you forget it for a bit!! ;-)

Chinch bugs, huh?!?!

Think I'll focus on the cake! ;-) I'm sure this isn't what she made, but it sure is pretty! ;-)


P.S. Bound to get some Pinterest pins! ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment